At Kazokudai Karate we teach our students to follow the 5 Maximums of Karate:
* Character: To Seek perfection of ones character
* Sincerity: To be faithful
* Etiquette: Is to respect yourself and others
* Effort: Endeavour - always train to maximum effort
* Self Control: Is to refrain from violent behavior and to learn to have self control physically and mentally.
* Be Punctual as being late for class is disruptive. If you are late do 10 x Push ups on entering the dojo, then wait in Seiza, (Kneel/Seating Postion) until the instructor or class leader beckons you to join, you should then bow and join the class quickly, and to the position indicated by the instructor.
* If you are not able to make class, please notify the instructor, same with if you need to leave the lesson early please arrange this with the instructor before the lesson starts.
* The dojo is a special place so you need to behave in a respectful manner and refrain from drinking or eating, wearing footwear and using offensive language.
* During the lesson the students should always pay full attention to the instructor. When an instruction is given students should acknowledge with the word "Oss".
*Hygiene is important, please keep all forms of nails short and clean. Hair must be tied up and clear from the face, and your GI, (Karate Suit) should be kept clean and tidy. Train with a towel if you sweat a lot and use deodrant.
* No Jewelry should be worn during lessons as this is for safety reasons.
* Karate-ka, (Students) should bow when entering and leaving the dojo, this is a sign of respect.
* Parents are free to stay and watch but we request that mobile phones are turned to silent mode and ask please not to distract students during the lessons. Also we ask parents to refrain from walking across the dojo floor, especially during the lesson.
Huncote Community Centre